Friday, December 4, 2009

Hummus

I know that when I host a playgroup over here at my house Hummus seems to always be a must... or wine, but we are talking playgroup so it must be hummus.
I was trying to find a hummus recipe that didn't call for tahini or peanut butter becuase not everyone can have PB.
So here is one I found that I think will do the trick.

* 3 garlic cloves, minced (more or less if you like)
* 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
* 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped

Directions

Combine everything in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Chill about 30 minutes in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Dilly Dallop Blog